Scott Kaeppel helps organizations achieve peak performance with a laser focus on quality and profitable, sustainable growth. In more than 20 years as a leader in process improvement and innovation, Scott has delivered over $2 Billion in tangible benefits.
- Modernizing and Transforming Texas Department of Transportation, TxDOT, to achieve best in class performance in areas of people, process and technology.
- Establishing federal and international policies for the Department of Defense and NATO.
- Streamlining Fortune 100 organizations, such as USAA, General Electric and WellPoint, through process engineering methods such as Six Sigma, Lean, Enterprise Architecture and creation of shared services.
- Specific problem solving for companies such as Google, Walmart and Blue Cross of CA.
- Launching industry-changing innovative products, such as Deposits at Home for USAA (mobile check-image processing).
Before founding Kaeppel Consulting, Scott was Senior Vice President, Business Development and Process Engineering for USAA, Vice President Market Strategies and Sales Automation for WellPoint, and managed and delivered Six Sigma programs at AIG and General Electric.
Scott served in the U.S. Army as a health physicist, assisting the U.S. Army surgeon general with development of nuclear policies. He received an honourable discharge from the reserves in 2002 with the rank of Major.
His Bachelor of Science degree in Physics is from Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pa. Scott is a member of the American Society for Quality, and was a long-time member of the Executive Conference Board for Six Sigma.