Kaeppel Consulting has an immediate opening as a Data Modeler for our client. The location may be Jacksonville, FL, Chicago, IL, or Birmingham, AL.
This contractor or contract to hire position would build and maintain company database by identifying structural and installation solutions; work with database administrators and analysts to secure easy access to company data; create database solutions, evaluate requirements, and prepare design reports.
The Data Modeler position is crucial to the success of Enterprise Data Management Solutions. The person will work closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates and provide Database Architecture solutions and support.
- Experience with Dev/Ops teams
- Experience with program alignment with data reference model within Enterprise Systems
- Experience in data modeling, data warehousing, and big data platforms
- Knowledge and Experience using S3 AWS, SQL Designer, and/or other similar tools
- Experience with database centered solutions within distributed platforms
- Minimum Education/ Minimum Experience Required: Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 5 years of experience.
- Expert knowledge on various Data modeling techniques: OLTP (normalized), ODS, EDW (dimensional)
- Knowledge of IBM Insurance Data Model
- Knowledge of Infomatics
- Experience in system/business / data analysis related to data migration and data integration projects
- Experience with enterprise data management, governance, and BI / reporting tools
- Experience in the Insurance Domain
- Guidewire Software Knowledge V10
- Ability to translate business/technical requirements into data solutions
- Track record of driving continuous improvement
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile methodology
- Strong skills related to:
- Process development and execution
- Project Management