Kaeppel Consulting has an immediate opening as a Data Architect for our client. The location may be Jacksonville, FL, Chicago, IL, or Birmingham, AL.
Responsibility as the Data Architect will be to design develop, optimize and oversee company’s conceptual and logical enterprise data systems build and implementation. Your duties may also include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system, and supervising system migrations.
To succeed in this role, you should know how to examine new data system requirements, develop/design and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
The position has an indefinite contract or can be contract-to-hire.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data in cloud.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in the insurance domain
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining (Big data systems/warehousing)
- Experience with AWS 3S
- Experience with Snowflake
- Knowledge of IBM Insurance data model
- Guidewire Exp with Version 10
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate business/technical requirements into data solutions
- Track record of driving continuous improvement
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile methodology
- Strong skills related to:
- Process development and execution
- Project Management